For those considering retirement or resignation, please follow this procedure:
- Complete a Resignation Form and submit it to the Human Resources Department. This form may be found on the internet in the staff handbook. Keep in mind that some contract provisions have a deadline in order to qualify for a retirement incentive so refer to your master agreement for details.
- Notify your supervisor and/or building principal of your retirement plans.
- Contact Teacher Retirement Association (“TRA”) - Licensed employees
Telephone Numbers: 651-296-2409; 800-657-3669
The employee should contact the Teachers Retirement Association (TRA) to discuss retirement issues. You may apply either online or by paper. TRA may ask you to provide the following information: TRA number; social security number; spouse's name and date of birth; salary for the current school year; and your last day of employment.
- Contact Public Employee Retirement Association (“PERA”) – Non-licensed employees
Telephone Numbers: 651-296-7460; 800-652-9026
The employee should contact PERA to discuss retirement issues. Currently, you must submit a paper application. This application can be found on the PERA website. PERA may ask you to provide the following information: PERA number; social security number; spouse's name and date of birth; salary for the current school year; and your last day of employment.
- Contact the Social Security Administration (“SSA”)
Telephone Number: 800-772-1213
- Contact Corporate Health Systems
Telephone Number: 952-939-0911, Ext. 121
All employees enrolled in health reimbursement accounts; flexible benefits program; and/or life, hospitalization-major medical, or dental insurance at the time of retirement should consult their respective master agreements for provisions regarding retirement. You may also contact Corporate Health Systems with any questions regarding these benefits after retirement.
- All employees with tax-sheltered annuity (“TSA”) accounts or deferred compensation plans, should contact their TSA or deferred comp representative.
- All employees should turn in their badges and keys to their supervisors on their last day of work.